How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Back Pain
Eucalyptus oil is believed to be a potent natural remedy to treat back pain. This oil works naturally for increasing blood flow that in turn brings more oxygen to brain to improve healing process.
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Back Pain?
- Choose a good health-food store to find a reliable source for eucalyptus oil.
- Combine jojoba oil and eucalyptus oil. This is so because eucalyptus oil evaporates very quickly. Hence, mix it with jojoba oil so that it stays for some time. Combine 20 drops of eucalyptus oil to each cup of jojoba oil.
- Store this mixture in a spray bottle. Use an airtight bottle to prevent the evaporation of eucalyptus oil. It is also a good idea to choose a bottle which keeps out light as it afflicts the potency of the oils.
- Before using this mixture shake the bottle to mix the oils properly because eucalyptus oil and jojoba oil will separate very quickly. Hence, one must shake the bottle frequently.
- Massage eucalyptus oil into the back till it is absorbed completely. One may need an assistant to apply this oil and massage it.
- You must make up your mind for discomfort and pain as the skin absorbs the oil, particularly when you use this for the first time. You may notice that your skin is hot to touch and also itchy. This is due to eucalyptus oil’s anti-inflammatory properties. If the heat becomes intense, apply a cold washcloth.
- Wait till the skin cools down and check whether the pain has reduced or not. In many cases, one must get relief from the pain.
- Apply eucalyptus oil twice a day for a few weeks and later, use it once in a day for the next two weeks.