How To Treat Pain Through Cobra Pose?
The Sanskrit word for Cobra pose is ‘Bhujangasana’ and ‘Nagasana’. ‘Bhujanga’ and ‘Naga’ means a snake. Through reports, it is indicated that nearly 31 million American suffer from lower back pain. Cobra pose is beneficial in lower back pain.
Cobra pose is effective in adjusting the spinal column, nerves and also for slipped discs. Through Cobra pose, people who suffer with lower back pains develop strong healthy back.
During pregnancy period, cobra pose must be avoided. It should also be avoided during headaches.
Steps For Cobra Pose:
- Lie down on your stomach and hands parallel to your shoulders, face forward. Keep the palms on the floor.
- Thighs firmly on ground.
- Raise your head slowly towards ceiling, keeping the shoulders down.
- You can bend your elbows.
- Remain in this arched position for 1min.
- If your body is stiff or you are a beginner in Yoga, you can modify this pose according to your comfort.
- If you are doing it on a floor bend your elbows slightly to raise your head.
- Inhale while stretching upward and exhale out while releasing the posture.
- While holding the position, do not pinch your lower back.
- Do not put too much of pressure for going beyond your comfort.
Benefits of Cobra Pose:
- It strengthens the wrists and spine and makes it flexible.
- It is beneficial in asthma as it expands the chest.
- The front of the body is stretched which stimulates the abdominal organs.
- This pose gently stretches the hip joints and aids in pain of sciatica.
- It tones the muscles of buttock.
Hence, Cobra pose stretches the whole body which is beneficial for back pains.