Stiff Back Pain In The Morning
Early morning stiff back pains might be an outcome of poor sleeping habit. Some people experience this morning back pain lessen over the course of the day. If this symptom does not improve, you need to consult a physician to diagnose the problem.
Studies indicate that 50% of all working professional complain early morning back pains. This mostly occurs between the age group of 30 and 50. There can be many causes for this pain and mostly attributed to injuries, aging and sedentary lifestyle.
Morning Back Pain Remedies:
Morning stretching exercises target neck and hip region, lower and upper back and mid back.
- Roll into a foetal position or a ball and remain in this position for few seconds.
- Repeat for few times and relax and feel the stretch in your spine.
Middle and upper back stretch:
- Lift your arms above your head and clasp it.
- Slowly separate your arms away from your body and gently pull your hands and arms away.
- Repeat the stretch for few times and relax.
Lower back stretch:
- Lie down on back. Keeping feet flat on floor, bend both knees.
- Smoothly move your legs to the right to 2 to 4 inches and then bring to center position. Relax and repeat this to the left position.
- Repeat this stretching several times.
- Avoid jerky or sudden movements and move slowly.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects in the early morning. If required, do this only after your back muscles becomes limber.
Sources To Relieve Morning Back Pains:
- Strong abdominal muscles and back
- Good standing posture is vital as all the body muscles rebound after being sedentary the whole night. Before going out of the bed, simply arch your lower back and bend forward at hips. This keeps your back straight.
- Good mattresses- If your mattress is more than 10 years, you should change it immediately. It should give you full spinal rest and comfortable sleep.
- Keeping the body pillows also help align the body and loosens pressure on sacroiliac joints.
- If you are above 35 and continuously feeling morning back pains, there are chances of Arthritis. Arthritis pain worsens in the morning time and is relieved by hot showers.